Backflow prevention installation and testing
Have you received your Council letter stating your backflow device is due for testing?
Call us on 1300 422 566 to arrange prompt, efficient and hassle free testing.
We take care of all the paperwork so all you have to do is save our number for your next device test.
Who Can Install a Backflow Device?
Backflow device installation and testing requires a seperate endorsement on a Plumbers licence. We hold this endorsement and have all the testing equipment required for the variety of devices on the market.
What is a Backflow Prevention Device?
In their most practical sense devices are installed to prevent reverse flow of contaminated water from entering the water feed to mains water supply.
You may find them on:
- an irrigation system connected to mains water supply
- fire hose reels or hydrants
- a commercial or industrial activity or machinery connected to the mains
- water outlets in proximity to pollutants, grease traps or chemicals
- an underground rainwater tank that has mains water backup.
The devices need to be tested annually and are prompted by a letter from Council in January each year notifying of compliance check. The owner has 12 months to engage a plumber and for the plumber to submit a Form 9 confirming a pass or fail on the device to Council.